- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper, preheat oven to 175°C.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale.
- Beat in golden syrup and egg until combined.
- Bring dough together with your hands and cover with cling wrap.
- Refrigerate dough for 2 hours.
- Roll dough flat and cut 4 rectangles (roof and wall) and 2 pentagons (front Wall).*
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden, leave to cool.
- To make the icing beat egg whites until foamy then mix in lemon juice.
- Beat in the icing sugar 1 tsp at a time until you get your prefered consistancy (This is called Royal Icing).
- Put house together with icing and stick on any lollies you like!**
- Adjust ginger to taste
- *If you wish to take the easy path you can make a A-Frame with 2 triangles and 2 rectangles.
- *Cut any other parts you wish like doors and windows at this point.
- **Be Creative!